Tuesday, May 10, 2011

.Can Gordini driveI dont think so.

I went back to the majors dugout and he said the field kitchen would be along and the drivers could come and get their stew
I went back to the majors dugout and he said the field kitchen would be along and the drivers could come and get their stew. Not Bacchus. I had been up the river to the bridgehead at Plava. There is no finish to a war. depended to a considerable extent on myself.Its not serious I hope. I said. We go whorehouse before it shuts. are youNo. He said there was so much dirt blown into the wound that there had not been much hemorrhage. Manera said. and well see. Close to the bank I saw deep pools.I said I knew.

 He was going to marry me and he was killed in the Somme. I knew it. but the nights were cool and there was not the feeling of a storm coming. Perhaps. unbuttoned the shirt collar and dropped him in under the shirt.Poor man. You better not go up there drunk.How are you. I went with him and found the dugout. I drove back to Gorizia and our villa and. The lieutenant said I slipped the truss on purpose. and one day at the end of the fall when I was out where the oak forest had been I saw a cloud coming over the mountain. The river ran behind us and the town had been captured very handsomely but the mountains beyond it could not be taken and I was very glad the Austrians seemed to want to come back to the town some time.Some of the officers went alone.

 He said it was true and by the corpse of Bacchus we would test whether it was true or not. he said. You rarely find any one any good this close to the front.Dont worry.Not true asked the captain. Theres more snow there than here.I cant imagine lying like that. In the morning they came to each bed in turn. but it was not Catherine. sototenente (the thumb).Maybe girls dont want to go to the front any more.They are big through the chest by measurement. The drivers were pleased with it and I left them there.Listen to him talk about the Abruzzi.

 He was quieter now. She would not let me put my arm around her. and mark a cross on both legs. It was a one road show. After I was wounded I never found him.Wash up and come as you are. sototenente (the thumb). Passini said still respectfully. Orderly.An outside nation cant make you be a soldier. One thing after another. the fighting in the mountains beyond the town. and then a drink of the wine.Isnt there anywhere we can goNo.

 I said to the priest. She was not in the garden and I had to wait in the office of the hospital until she came down.Cough. when they wouldnt attack and they shot every tenth manNo. hotter and slower than ever: then the stragglers. We grew up together.I felt it. But even the peasants know better than to believe in a war. I will give you the addresses of places in Naples.What rotten luck.I will send her. wore his black boots. said Rinaldi. and things went very badly.

 Then. father. and I spoke Italian. Get well soon. It was quiet for a moment still. I said.They have big Skoda guns. because they did not bombard it to destroy it but only a little in a military way. folded it without rising from the bed and slid it in his breeches pocket. The shutters were up but it was still going on inside. I would have married him or anything.No. My hand went in and my knee was down on my shin. I said.

 Something landed outside that shook the earth.So you make progress with Miss BarkleyWe are friends. But dont bring a lot of Italians. folded it without rising from the bed and slid it in his breeches pocket. He sat down beside me.The drops fell very slowly.Abbastanza bene. They picked me up and took me into the dressing room.Of course some of the bonds were not accounted for but the priest had all of the three per cent bonds and several local obligations. he straightened up. blunt-nosed ambulances. I thought. I said to the priest. The offensive was going to start again I heard.

 I wont kiss you if you dont want. where I sat with a friend and two glasses drinking a bottle of Asti. It cost fifteen lire. It is just bad administration. He makes big preparations. This was a strange and mysterious war zone but I supposed it was quite well run and grim compared to other wars with the Austrians.Ill go and see now. and he came from Amalfi.Four for 105. They had always cracked in other wars. I got out and told the driver to go on and that if we had not caught up to them at the junction of the road to Cormons to wait there. winefully. Where did you go and what did you do Tell me everything at once.Do you suppose it will always go onNo.

 ha! he said. I come to see you again soon.Oh. They took off my trousers and the medical captain commenced dictating to the sergeant adjutant while he worked. I had been up the river to the bridgehead at Plava. and if the car went especially fast it was probably the King. I sat now in the chair and an orderly of some sort looked at me disapprovingly from behind a desk while I looked at the marble floor. instead there is a war. They were sitting in the dugout talking and when I came in they stopped. He had always known what I did not know and what. Maybe she would. the smooth functioning of the business of removing wounded and sick from the dressing stations.Were almost up. darling.

 he said.Its rotten. Goodnight.Yes.Four for 105. I wore a real one and felt like a gunman until I practised firing it. The battery fired twice and the air came each time like a blow and shook the window and made the front of my pajamas flap. That was how it ought to be. I said. said Bassi. Then.We were off the driveway. There were trees along both sides of the road and through the right line of trees I saw the river. She put it in my hand.

 I only write about what a beautiful place we live in and how brave the Italians are.All right. first fingers extended.Are you very tired she asked. Always with the carabinieri.65 caliber with a short barrel and it jumped so sharply when you let it off that there was no question of hitting anything. Another burst and in the noise you could hear the smaller noise of the brick and dirt raining down. I told them what I had heard. I drove coming back and went fast with the empty car to find the man from Pittsburgh. I helped the soldier with the rupture up on the seat with us. You will come with me to see Miss Barkley. We all sang. darling. brushed my hair and we started.

Where is the gasoline park nowAt the same place. There were four drivers. I looked at the board tables. Tenente. Underneath we are the same. I said. It was there that the offensive was to begin. I said.Yes.There is a class that controls a country that is stupid and does not realize anything and never can. Besides. I watched the snow falling.Im not. I couldnt move.

Ill bring it to you. What was the matter with this war Everybody said the French were through.Oh. I wore one when we went up to the posts and carried an English gas mask. Then he was quiet. I went to the window and looked out. We will take over the two cars. dont you It seemed it was a very funny joke if you understood it properly. I denied this. He recognized me and waved a forceps. All fire and smoke and nothing inside. But those grenadiers; all over six feet.Have you any cheeseThe major spoke grudgingly to the orderly who ducked back into the hole again and came out with a quarter of a white cheese.Shes on duty.

If it wasnt that that happens to their families nobody would go to the attack. To save you trouble. I am just more affectionate. We went for a stretcher but there wasnt any. Bacchus or no Bacchus. said the priest. and God be with you. Some one probably got it at one of the dressing stations. get me out of here. TaorminaYou talk like a timetable. three men nurses and a doctor and picked you up out of bed and carried you into the dressing room so that the beds could be made while we were having our wounds dressed. His legs were toward me and I saw in the dark and the light that they were both smashed above the knee. The trunks of the trees too were dusty and the leaves fell early that year and we saw the troops marching along the road and the dust rising and leaves. When people realize how bad it is they cannot do anything to stop it because they go crazy.

Defeat is worse. mama Mia. He spread the hand again. If youve got a fracture you dont want inflammation. I said. biting his arm.How did you happen to do that Why didnt you join up with usI dont know.Thank you very much.I dont believe a word of this.Rinaldi poured himself another glass of the cognac. Stretcher bearers came in all the time. Rocca ignored this and went on to explain the joke to me. It was an Astra 7.Can Gordini driveI dont think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment